COVID-19 has reinforced the strategic role of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in navigating regional resilience in a time of crisis. The pandemic demonstrated the use of technology in practice to keep business, governments, and societies running. However, every country has a different capacity in utilizing ICT to respond to COVID-19. How does ASEAN address this ‘digital gap’? How does Master Plan of ASEAN Connectivity 2025 help in strengthening digital connectivity in the region? How has COVID-19 shifted the digital landscape in Southeast Asia thus far? What are the key challenges in transforming towards a more digitized community?
FPCI in collaboration with Huawei will convene a virtual public forum titled “Towards A More Digitized ASEAN: Shifting Currents, Opportunities, and Challenges in Time of Pandemic” on Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 2:00-4:00 PM Jakarta Time. Join us and get to hear from high level expert speakers on the strategies in pushing for digital connectivity in Southeast Asia.
The panel discussion will feature the following speakers:
1. H.E. Dr. Aladdin D. Rillo, Deputy Secretary-General for ASEAN Economic Community
2. H.E. Dr. Rizal Affandi Lukman, Deputy Minister for International Economic Cooperation, Indonesian Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs
3. H.E. Odo Manuhutu, Deputy Coordinating Minister for Tourism and Creative Economy, Indonesian Coordinating Ministry for Maritime and Investment Affairs
4. Dr. Jayant Menon, Visiting Senior Fellow at Regional Economic Studies Programme of ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute Singapore & Former Lead Economist of ADB
5. Mr. Sam Cheng Qingjun, Principal of Digital Transformation, Public & Government Affairs, Huawei
Ms. Dayu Nirma Amurwanti
Faculty Member of International Relations Department at BINUS University
With opening remarks by:
Dr. Dino Patti Djalal
Founder & Chairman
Foreign Policy Community of Indonesia
Mr. Jay Chen
Huawei Asia Pacific
Registration link: bit.ly/FPCIHUAWEI
Thank you and see you on 10 December!